
So last weekend I had the amazing privilege of having my first house guests, which just happened to be 2 of my favorite people, Brad & Sharee. Brad & Sharee drove down from Spokane to play and we definitely did so. We ate too much, shopped a ton, and introduced Sharee to The Pie in all its glory and took Brad for his first visit to
IKEA. They helped me buy some things to improve the bare walls of my apartment and I helped them pick out lots of stuff they wil
l probably never need :) That's what friends are for. I also made them watch my favorite Geico commercial with Mrs. Butterworth over and over again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoKXcUduKIsIn the spirit of our annual tradition (besides Hoopfest), we also hit up several different haunted houses and I will never be the same. I absolutely HATE being scared, especially by some bloody man head running after me. And you know that 90% of those workers are legitimately crazy.
We went to the Scream Asylum in Provo and through the haunted creature at Cornbelly's Corn Maze. I know this which may not sound scary but when you are walking through the belly of some beast in the pitch black in some dark, claustrophobic bubble, with again said scary men touching you and crawling out of his butt for safety - I'm not quite at my peak of happiness. And then to top it off, we walk through a Haunted Corn Maze where now crazy people are running out at us from the corn - of course, they made me walk through a haunted bus!!! All I could think about was somebody grabbing my ankle.
Luckily Sharee let me cling on to her like a baby monkey.
The highlight of the night was walking through the non-scary corn maze that was shaped like David Archuleta while listening to his voice being projected through the stalks. First of all, if you are not mormon, maybe you are not familiar with the corn maze craze. And second of all, you may not realize the David Archuleta is the biggest thing to happen to Utah since the Osmonds of course. And they are sure not letting him go. So we honor him by carving a field of corn into his head and playing his new song every 5 minutes.
We decided to leave after hearing "Crush" for the tenth time.
All in all, we had a fabulous weekend and I miss them already, even though Brad kept making fun of my mini-me TV.
But meanwhile, my honeyhead was sick in bed with anything you can think of so now I've been able to focus back on taking care of him :) And he is definitely getting better - YEAH!!!!
Please continue to keep him in your prayers as his little thyroid works to recover and he starts catching up on his school work. For such a good man, he sure has a lots of trials. I think most of them are to humble me :)




1 comment:
Keri...we had so much fun with you!! We miss you already and wish we could put you in our pocket all the time. Why don't you guys just move up here for crying out loud!?
We love you and we'll talk to you later ;)
Brad and Sharee
Post a Comment