Keri's Jams


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Christmas

So I had a fabulous Christmas and New Year and I'd like to give a shoutout to everyone who made it so great.

Matt and I spent a week in Fairfield with my family and let's just say I slept, ate and played a lot of Rock Band and Guitar Hero World Tour with Matt, Josh, Tori & Seth (since Seth got it for Christmas). My
dad's hickisms added extra entertainment and My mom took extra care of me of course. I also loved playing with baby Jayla and seeing Bo and Christina. And Santa spoiled both me with lots of fun stuff. Okay mostly I received clothes which most of you may not think is fun, but it is for me.

The day after Christmas, Dad, Mom, Tori, Seth, Matt and I drove down together to So Cal which was not my favorite ride due to my dad's crazy driving antics. But it went by pretty fast.
Matt peaced out and went to start his much-needed visit to his friends and family, while I spent a couple extra days playing with Rocky, Sarah and little Mel and then Ryan's fami
ly.

We also spent a day fighting the crowds at Disneyland and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with the newly updated Nightmare Before Christmas themed Haunted Mansion. Hopefully they will keep it this way.


I don't know how this is possible, but 3 of my bros received Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas and I spent too much with each of them rockin' it out.
The best was watching my nephew Dylan and niece Kaylie go to town on their instruments (even little 2-year-old Codybear kept trying to jump in on drums).



Somehow through all of this I fell in love with reading again and managed to read 4 books during my 2 week vacation between games and parties. I read "Twilight" twice (since I also watched the movie and hated it so I had to reread the book to see if I really liked the book after all). I read a "the Guardian" Nicholas Sparks and then scoured Matt's parents house and reread my elementary school love "A Wrinkle In Time".

I spent the rest of the 2nd week at the McGhee residence nursing Matt back to health from a lovely bout of the stomach flu and having more fun with his family. We went to the big regional singles dance party downtown at the Hall of Champions Sports museum on New Years Eve while Matt was feeling better only to make him sick again the next day by staying out too late.

To end the week, Matt and his friends threw an outdoor Chargers party to watch the playoff game against the Colts. Matt and I busted out our new jerseys which we gave each other for Christmas and I actually made through the whole game. The Chargers won making an even better ending! The picture you see below is the celebration afterwards.
Thank you to everyone who took time to visit with me and catch me up your lives including Sarah, Dawn, Ed and Angela and Eric!

Needless to say, I am not so thrilled to be back in cold, freezing, wet Utah but I am making the best out of it that I can.


No comments: